Monday, August 29, 2011
Ed's Food Commentary: Game Day Special
Football is all about things you can eat with one hand so you don't have to miss the action by having to look down and use utensils. Here are some d'oeuvres that will fit your Saturday quite nicely.
Quick Dip Tip: Get a personal French baguette and a bag of tortilla chips for everyone dippin. Triscuits are money dippin utensils too.
Chicken TaquitosTaquitos are mini enchiladas that Texans eat on a regular basis, so you know they're over the top and awesome.
|These men were all vegans before they had a taquito.|
1. Marinate your chicken for at least an hour before grilling. (If you're not grilling on Saturday, you're not living life)
2. Grill chicken for 7 minutes per side and let rest for 5 minutes.
3. Chop that chicken up real fine or shred it with a fork if you fancy.
4. Put just a spoon full of chicken, cheese and hot sauce and wrap it real tight. It should be the thickness of a cigar.
5. Bake in the oven at 400 for 7 to 10 minutes or until taquitos are golden brown.
6. Top with some salsa or dip in guac
Bacon Cheese Burger DipThis doesn't need a description, it only needs consumption.
|This in dip form. That's all the sell you need.|
1. Brown your ground beef and drain the grease.
2. Dice your bacon and fry that glorious meat up. Leave the grease in the pan.
3. Caramelize your onions in the bacon grease on medium-low heat. Don't crisp them; they'll taste bad if you do.
4. Put all that goodness in a bowl with the cheese and ketchup/A-1. Give it a stir and heat on 350 in the oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbling.
5. Throw a spoon in that dip because it's hearty.
Spicy BBQ WingsFootball without wings is a venial sin according to the gospel of bachelor so don't skip out on these babies.
|May they be strucketh down with the wrath of his holiness, Burt Reynolds.|
1. Lay down some foil on a baking sheet for easy clean up and rub those flappers good after drying them off with a paper towel (the spice sticks better when the wings are dry)
2. Oven: Brush on the sauce and bake on 325 for 30 minutes. Flip every 15 and baste with sauce.
Grill: Sauce after they are done so you're not crunchin on some burnt BBQ sauce.
Cheesy TotsSimple and delicious. You will read this recipe and be like "Why didn't I think of this?" I did though, get on my level.
|Pictured: On my level.|
1. Sprinkle your tots with Lawry's and follow the directions on the bag. (usually 450 for 12 minutes)
2. When the tots are done cover with singles and pop back in the oven for a quick minute to melt the cheese.
Frito PieAnother Texas delight, Frito Pie somehow makes pie more awesome and filled with meat.
|Eating your meal out of a bag of chips is the most bachelor way to eat a meal ever.|
1. Heat up your chili
2. Dump it in the frito bag
3. Top with cheese and stir